Friday, December 7, 2007

Today is the day...

Eric will have all his teeth removed. He has been in pain for several years because the orthodontist did not do them right and now they are all decayed and very painful. He will be put to sleep like with same day surgery and they will break most of the bone apart to remove them all. He will go for about 4 weeks without any teeth and then will get dentures. I know it is the best thing to do but I worry about how painfull it will be for him. No mom ever wants to have the children hurt.....even when they are grown up.

David is adjusting to being diabetic I think. He still is eating all the wrong things but at least he is testing to see how his sugar is responding to what he eats. They started him on meds yesterday and of course he will need to go to a class to learn about what he should and should not eat. Seems like we never catch a break when it comes to health issues cropping up. The kids very rarely get sick thank God so at least it is just us old farts.

We will be happy when David retires this next year. Our only concern is the 90 days or so until his retirement pay begins. Geesh. Really have to get ready for that one.

I can't seem to get the pictures to post on here. They are there when I publish the post but disappear about an hour later. I'll try and get the thing figured out this weekend while I take care of Eric.

That is about it for now. I'll post later about how it all goes...he will be in surgery they said for at least 2.5 hours. Seems like a long time but then again it will be a very difficult surgery. Please pray all goes well for him.

1 comment:

Misti said...

I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner. The surgery's well over by now, but I'll be praying that he has a quick & easy recovery. I can't wait to see the pictures!