Sunday, December 2, 2007

Well, It's official!

David is home now from visiting with Donnesia while Don is in the hospital. It has been a very scary week but looks like prayer is answered as we had faith it would be. Funny how we have a hard time accepting our faith and we question God as to His intentions but then get very thankful He was listening when we realize things will be okay.

We are waiting to hear fro
m David's tests he had on Wednesday morning. The doctor says he has diabetes and will need to change his lifestyle or he won't be here very long. Of course, following in the Porter manner......he is denying anything is wrong at all...makes you wonder again......smiles.

Chloe is shooting up like a weed all of a sudden. Her birthday and mine are on the same day (24th of November) so I usually get to see her have a good time. Hard to believe she is 11 already. Quite the youn
g lady. Isaiah is going to be 7 on the 4th of January. Another shock. Seems like just yesterday he was a baby.

We are awaiting the outcome of our smallest pup and his problem. TBone will be 2 in March (all three were born on Eric's birthday) but he had emergency surgery yesterday. He is only 2 lbs. 7 ozs. and it was touch and go about him being put to sleep to even have it done. He somehow swallowed a ball and it
got stuck in his intestines which then ruptured. He has lost 6.5 inches of his colon and will have a hard time keeping his weight up if he survives and it looks like he will. David can't wait to see if he thinks he is in Mexico...lol. Said he was going to send him to Don so they could recuperate together. Don will really wonder what we all are talking about I am sure.

I played Pool tonight in my league....I won! I have only been playing for a little over a year but I really enjoy the time out and the people I have met. Our team won last session and tonight I got my part of the prize money....$85! Not bad for an amateur....lol.

Guess I better get in the bed.....I am really tired and lord knows I need all the beauty sleep I can get! I am going to try and post a couple of pics. Hope you can see them.


This one is Chloe back in January when we were babysitting a little baby boy while his dad's sister got married. This child was born hooked on heroin and had a really tough go but is really doing well now that he is not with his mother anymore.

This one was Isaiah about the same time. I know they are old but at least they are pictures.....smiles.


This is Annie (the Black one), Tippy (the one that is asleep) and TBone (the little brown one). Yes, that is a miniature Frisbee beside him...lol.

Annie is 5.5 lbs - Tippy is 5.8 lbs. and TBone is 2.4 lbs. They are on a pillow with a crib sheet over it.

1 comment:

Misti said...

Uncle David said you'd forgotten your password... I'm glad you remembered it. Or made a new one, either way. Unfortunately I can't see the pictures. ;o( I really want to.